Follow by Email

Sunday, 13 December 2015

How to Inplace upgrade Windows 10 for Client Windows 8.1 computer with bitlocker protected

As you already  aware that need to manually Click on Suspend button in Control Panel Bitlocker Drive Encryption in order to successfully inplace upgrade Bitlocker Computer to windows 10 without need to perform decrypt the Computers.



 And Below are the powershell command line for Bitlocker for you to add in to Task sequence and
 I've tested those command line is working fine.

To Suspend Bitlocker
 Suspend-BitLocker -MountPoint "C:" -RebootCount 0

 To Resume Back Bitlocker
 Resume-BitLocker -MountPoint "C:"

 Task Sequence Capture Screen at below:-
 Suspend Bitlocker command line
 

Resume Bitlocker command line
 

4 comments:

  1. hi, trying to do inplace upgrade from Windows 10. Adopt your method, but getting error Suspend-BitLocker is not recognized. Does it work with windows 7 upgrade to win 10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not needed. Win10 setup does suspend BL automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded and install windows 10 creator update, But I did not like it. After installation Microsoft shows downgrade option early after upgrading to Windows 10 and remove it after one month. I recently upgrade my windows 8.1 Professional operating system to windows 10 Professional being getting a license from ODosta Store
    But I did not like its overall structure. I think Its not Windows 10, Its version should be windows 6 as it has many faults.
    I tried to downgrade back to my existing win 8.1 os and I saw as Microsoft was giving me option to downgrade. I thought that I'll downgrade after two month But after two month when I tried again, Microsoft removed that option. Now what to do. I searched and found your post, Which is very helpful for me. Thanks for sharing these details here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many software out there but Activity management software & project resource management tools are in high demand since it helps a lot in tracking the regular activities of the employees. Visit here smartmanager.com.qa

    ReplyDelete